Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

I'm not going to lie: I was really tired and sore today which is why I am super grateful that some of the other students in my program took it upon themselves to look out for me today. I got a call this morning from Chad, a student at Lexington Theological Seminary, who told me that his wife was going to pick me up at the airport and bring me to Berea. I hadn't wanted to ask for someone to come get me because I didn't want to come late and be disruptive but apparently the other students didn't need to be asked.

I went through my travels in a bit of a daze but fortunately I love flying and I've done enough of it that I fall easily into a travel routine. When I arrived at LEX I got my bags super quickly because there were literally like 20 people on the flight. When I got outside Chad's wife Cara picked me up and told me that there was a change of plans. It was snowing steadily and the roads were bad so I was staying at their house.

So here I am on the LTS campus. Chad is coming up to pick me up in the morning and I'll join the rest of my group (finally). Besides the fact that people are showing me great hospitality it is actually a blessing that I flew instead of driving down - I would have been driving through the snow late at night. In other words if I hadn't wrecked my car yesterday in Earleville there's a good chance I would have done so in Kentucky tonight of would have at least been very stressed and tired on the drive. I still don't like remembering the hanging upside down in the car but there is definitely a silver lining here.

So I will attempt to update when I can... I am blogging by email on my Krakenberry so it all depends on having cell reception. Possibly people do not need to be updated on my exact whereabouts but this is also goingg to serve as part of my sharing my experience with other, one requirement of my immersion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home