Thursday, March 13, 2008

What the Duck?

I just woke up my parents because our duck was quacking excessively. Yes, that's right. At 1 am. My room is in the back corner of our house, so I'm the only one who hears it. Sometimes it actually wakes me up, but that's not why I woke up my parents up. I woke them up because they asked me to wake them up if the duck started quacking in the middle of the night.

We've been through (I think) 5 or 6 ducks so far; they all keep dying or getting eaten. So now we have one left. We had ducklings a few weeks ago but as it turns out we also have a fox around here. So we have just the momma duck left.

So I went downstairs tonight, thinking to myself, "they really did ask me to wake them up if the duck quacked, right?" And they did. So my dad went out with one of the dogs and my mom took a flashlight. Now they are back in bed and the duck is still quacking. It really is like Noah's ark around here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home