Monday, February 18, 2008

Soon to be Unemployed

I announced today in church (and last Sunday in youth group) that I am resigning from my job. I'm going to work through December, though, so that I can help with the transition and make sure we find a good replacement. I have very mixed feelings about it, but now that I have assured everyone that I am still part of the church and will be part of the youth ministry, I am getting excited.

A few months ago, I had to decide if I am going to start my ministry internship for seminary next year. I have to do four semesters of internship, which would prevent me from taking a semester off to travel or jump at a mission opportunity. So, I went away to the National Youth Worker Convention, and by the end of the weekend God had convinced me that it was time to resign. Besides wanting to travel and do missions, I began to feel this summer that I am being called into outdoor ministry in some form. About the same time, Pam and I concluded that since we are both single and in our mid-20's, we should take advantage of the freedom we have. We can be settled and stable when we are married with kids!

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm definitely going to stay a part of my churches, and I've volunteered to oversee Confirmation for another year at least. I am kind of excited at the prospect of being in youth ministry as a volunteer, and having a little time to preach more and maybe join the worship band. As for what doors God will open, who knows. It is definitely a sign of God's grace in my life that I (who hates change and uncertainly) am going headfirst into both change and uncertainty.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home