Tuesday, August 28, 2007

crash

This year, the beginning of my post-camp crash coincided exactly with my crashing back into school and work. Sunday I bid adieu to the Brits, and spent some time at Lorettas. Monday I dropped a Kiwi off at the airport and came straight down to school.

The road trip was awesome - an excellent chance to let loose (in legal and mostly appropriate ways), and try not to think about all the responsibility waiting for me. I saw Cleveland, Chicago and parts of Wisconsin. I shot a shotgun and ate a corn dog for the first time. How American. We read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince aloud in its entirety and listened to a whole lot of musicals. How nerdy.

Now I'm at school. I have a room at seminary on Monday and Tuesday nights. Yesterday I walked up to Wisconsin Ave and checked out an outdoor store that I've been wanting to see. They sell climbing stuff and clothes from Patagonia!!!! Today I went to my first class and bought A LOT of books.

Being back at school makes me feel really awkward and shy again. And young. And inexperienced. During chapel I was thinking about the fact that I am (deep down) grateful that I can relate to a lot of the things that my middle and high schoolers are going through. I'm awkward and shy and experiencing the first day of school. I am still in a stage of life where crushes and talking to boys are... a challenge. I don't exactly know what I'm going to do with my life long term. As much as I dread some of these awkward experiences, I am constantly aware that God is with me through even the silliest of my struggles. It means a lot to me that I can walk these paths with (although a little ahead of) the youth I serve, and I can say from experience that God is with us.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home