Monday, December 31, 2007

Good to Great in 2008!

Its time for an end of the year recap/New Year kick-off blog.

My resolutions in 2007:
1) Be more adventurous. I think I am slowly getting better at taking risks, although there are definitely a couple instances that I totally wussed out on. Then again, I have a few things in the works that are rather adventurous; for one thing, I am going to be the Adventure Programs Coordinator at camp this summer. Being in a position of authority will be a challenge.

2/3) Be a peacemaker and pursue reconciliation. Well, these have been a big challenge. I think I've made strides toward living in a way that promotes environmental and social peace. The reconciliation part is interesting... there are some relationships I'm rebuilding and others that are aren't going so well.

I'm still revising my resolutions for this year, but here's what I have so far:

1) Be Present. I've been reading some stuff lately that talks about contemplative life; this is a fancy way of talking about living in a way that you are fully present to God and those you interact with. Its about keeping your heart and mind in one place. I'm bad at this, but someone recently told me that I bring a presence of peace and joy to others ("What?" said I!) So, I'm hoping to build on that foundation and learn to live in that peace and joy without getting sucked into worries about the future. Whether I'm praying or talking to someone, I have such a hard time just experiencing that relationship because I'm always thinking about work or school or other random worries.

2) Visit at least 3 new cities. I want to spend at least a day each in 2 cities that I've never visited. I also want to get as many stamps as I can in my National Parks Service passport.

3) Finish at least three of the projects I've started: socks for my mom, socks for me, wine charms, my scrapbook from South Africa, scrapbook from Wisconsin trip, Christmas stockings for my cousins.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home