Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Home Stretch

Thanksgiving is the best and worst thing that can happen to Fall Semester. By the time I got to Thanksgiving break, I was in desperate need of a vacation. I had the whole week off, which was amazing. After the Bazaar (which went really well), I went down the Baltimore and hung out with Ashlee and Marti. We went out to dinner, had AMAZING ice cream sandwiches, and then watched The Holiday. I spent the night at Marti's and the next morning we met Ashlee, Rich, Jen, and Bryna for brunch and then hiking at Gunpowder Falls State Park. Brunch and hiking on a Sunday!

Then (after hiking 5 miles) I drove down to the Outer Banks to meet my family. I hadn't realized exactly how exhausted I've been, but the first day I was there, I went to bed around 10 and watched tv until I fell asleep around midnight. I slept until 10 every morning, which was blissful. I spent the days reading and knitting and hanging out with family. I went on a bike ride around Hatteras village one day. On Friday we went shopping because Black Friday is also the last day of the tourist season so everything is on sale. I bought a pair of amazing heels, and pair of Tevas.

I got home Saturday and was back to work on Sunday. Now I'm back at school. The problem with Thanksgiving is that even thought it generally comes when I'm about to hit my breaking point, and then lose my motivation when I get back for the last three weeks of school. But, after tomorrow I will have one week of classes and then finals. I have two papers and two finals left. Then... 6 weeks of no school and working 30 hours a week.

All said and done, I'm thankful for rest and the beach and friends and family... and Christmas season and the hope that December and January will be great.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home