Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Date(s)

Yesterday was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. It's hard to explain why it was so great; it wasn't even an out of the ordinary day.

I went to covenant group first thing and talked to Amy and Jen about the Maryland Primary results, and Jen told me about her family seeing Rent. After that I visited Bud and Marilyn. Bud is one of the pillars of our church, and he has cancer. He's been stuck at home for a couple weeks, so I stopped by to chat. I told him that I'm resigning my job (have I mentioned that on here yet?) and he was very supportive of my plans. I went to the office and did some work, and while I was there my dad dropped off my new phone. Then I taught confirmation (and noticed that there is lots of infatuation blooming in our class), and ate at our church's weekly fellowship dinner.

Maybe it was such a great Valentine's Day because I didn't hear about it being Valentine's Day until it was half over. More likely it was because I was busy doing things I like and seeing people I care about; it was full of all the things that make my life fulfilling.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home