Thursday, January 08, 2009

New Years Resolutions.... Suck

Ok, this is the time when I review my past year's resolutions and make new ones for this year. And upon looking at my resolutions I realized that I might be setting goals too high (or maybe I'm just a slacker).

Goal 1 was Be Present. Yeah, that was vague. But in the past year I quit a job and waited for awhile to finish that job, and then waited to be sure of a new job. I am more aware of where my attention is when I'm doing things, and trying to be more in tune with where my stress is coming from.

Goal 2 was Visit At Least Three New Cities. I visited Harrisburg, Frostburg, Charleston (SC), and Vero Beach FL. I guess I did ok on that one, although I really didn't experience Frostburg.

Goal 3 was to finish at least three of my projects that I had started at that point. I finished my mom's socks and the wine charms I was making, but so far I have not finished my own socks, my scrapbooks or my cousins' Christmas stockings. I did, however, make 2 blankets and a scarf, and started a new blanket. I'm currently working on a sweater and a hat (and technically the sock that is almost done).

As for goals for this year... I'm not sure... I really like setting goals but right now I'm just kind of working on stuff. Here are some things I'm working on:

-Going on a month-long trip to Australia, Indonesia and England.
-Being part of and attending weddings (3 in the first half of the year).
-Becoming a grown-up. I'm not sure what that means. It may involve wearing t-shirts less. And I definitely can't wait for my new planner to come from Franklin Covey.
-Getting back into an exercise routine. I haven't been walking much lately, and I want to start doing yoga again. There's a yoga studio in Middletown that is comparatively inexpensive.
-Starting a career in outdoor ministry.

Ok here are some resolutions. I just need to suck it up (I can always change them).

1) Write more. I have some literary aspirations, and I really need to get back in the practice of writing. This includes blogging.

2) Form better spiritual habits. I have been really bad about regularly praying, reading the Bible, meditating, etc. This also includes walking and yoga.

3) Be more careful about how I manage my money. Once the big trip is over I really need to start saving more money. I am trying to save a little in the meantime too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

hey mon!

great post!

new years resolutions can be friend or foe. dont beat yourself up too much.

dont worry, there isnt too much to experience in frostburg. especially when its cold, which is most of the time. when you come up we can hit a few places. you'll get to experience the mall which will be nice/an adventure. ps. the movie theatre is in the mall which is attached to the wal mart. there's also a cute coffee shop on main street as well as this sweet bar not like the crummy ones. who knows what the future holds. :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home