Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dancing Shoes and Blisters

Last night I actually went out! Marti's 24th birthday is this weekend, so we went out to Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar in Baltimore. We left there kind of early and went to Houlihans for dinner. We hung out there for awhile, and I got to tell them all about South Africa. Jen, having seen my pictures the day before, asked questions like "tell me about the seal!" and "were those lions in a zoo?" Jen and Rich told me all about house-hunting, and we all talked about Ashlee and Matt being engaged. We're still in this "Am I seriously a grown-up?" phase.

After that, we decided to go to Sonar, because I never get to go dancing anymore and they hadn't been in awhile. By this time, my feet were killing me, because the shoes I was wearing were too tight and I had never worn them for more than a few hours at a time. None the less, we walked over (I hobbled), and we got to Sonar around midnight. We left early, though, because instead of the Brit pop/indie rock/80's music that we go to hear, they just played typical dance music. I went back to Jen's and hung out with her and Rich until 2:30, which was fun and lo-key.

When I woke up and went home, my feet were swollen and blistery and could barely fit into my shoes. I think I'm too lame for going out, which I guess is why I don't go out much. Tomorrow I'm going back to my normal church routine after being away for a month. Its kind of weird that I've been away that long, and I should really be in bed, since I have church and 8:45... and 10... and 11:15... and 7. No wonder I never go out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home